The most common question we are asked is “How much will solar cost for a 3 bedroom house”? We cannot answer this question. Nor can we answer “What size do I need” Instead, the Question is answered by a Question: What do you expect the Solar to do for you – What are your Loads? How many kWh?
Work out your loads
We need to know your power requirement before we can design your system, and here is how you give us that: Pen and paper in hand and write down:
- WATTS: On the LABEL of your appliances you will find the WATTS Write this down, along with the time in hours that the appliance runs.
- Example: Defy Toaster Model no: TSR 123456-789. Volts 220 Amps 13 Watts 3000 (on some appliances, Watts may be kW). Used for 1 hour per day. Therefore the power used in one day by this appliance will be: 3000watt X 1 hour = 3000-watt-hours (Wh) or 3kWh
- Continue for every appliance and light fitting in your building.
- Add all the Wh or kWh together and this is how much power you will be needing per day in units.
- Which of these appliances work in the daytime and which at night?
- The highest watt or kW Label reading will give us the Minimum kW size of the
- The night use items Wh or kWh determine the battery power you would need.
- Now with THIS information, we can give you a quote within a couple of hours, and be really accurate.